By Chloe Burns, Tallgrass Network youth outreach coordinator
Heat is no laughing matter, with many parts of the world facing record temperatures. But when it comes to the people on the ground, sometimes humor helps.
1. After weeks of waking up early to "beat the heat," you eventually figure you might as well just never sleep at all.*
2. *Except for your daily afternoon nap.
3. When you're not out in the heat, you somehow forget how hot it is and make plans for all of the work you're going to get done.
4. Then you open the door to go outside and it hits you like:
5. And after 10 minutes of actual work outside, you decide death would be a welcome release.
6. You wonder if bringing a water bottle is even worth it, since they always seem to heat up to near-boiling temperatures in the field.
7. You find yourself feeling conflicted about the sun, which provides free solar energy to create life on earth, but also wants to kill you.
8. You empathize with the animals laying in the dirt with their tongues hanging out.
9. You fear for your non-farmer friends' safety when they complain about how hot it is from inside their air-conditioned offices.
10. Sweat becomes your past, present, and future.
11. If it's a humid season, you come in from work with clothes that look like this:
12. And if it's a dry season, you wander across the scorched earth feeling like an episode of "I Shouldn't Be Alive":
13. There's that one cold food that makes you weep tears of joy on a hot afternoon...
14. And everyone suddenly becomes 400% more annoying, because you're irritated and exhausted with no in-between.
15. You remind yourself that there are other places that have it worse...
16. But ultimately you don't care. It's %*cking hot.
What did we miss? Add your own reaction in the comments!
All gifs taken from giphy.com.