Due to interest, we've added a second session this spring. Join us and get your grazing on!
Proper grazing management is a matter of “getting the right animals to the right place at the right time with the right behavior.” With Holistic Planned Grazing, managers are able to isolate the many factors that create complexity in any farm or ranch environment, and build a plan for any season. This 3-day course will provide a comprehensive training in Holistic Planned Grazing. To register and learn more, visit our Workshops registration page.
Topics covered will include:
- Measuring forage utilization days, growth rates and recovery periods
- Planning your grazing paddocks and drought reserves
- Strategies for pests and invasives in the Tallgrass eco-region environment
- Planning for winter, nutrition and supplementation needs
- Integrating livestock and crop planning across your operation
Gain the tools you need to create, monitor and implement your own Holistic Grazing Plan. Some work may be needed after the course to complete your plan, but you will be well on your way by the end of the course. This is an accreditation-level course for the Savory Institute.