In December, thousands will gather in Paris for the most important United Nations climate negotiations to-date, the UN Conference of the Parties (COP21). The Tallgrass Network is thrilled to announce that Daniela Howell, CEO of the Savory Institute, will represent our global network of Savory Hubs at COP21.
Learn more and RSVP at tallgrassnetwork.com/news.
We will be sending these key messages with Daniela to Paris:
- Reducing emissions is imperative, but it is not enough.
- Excess atmospheric carbon must be drawn down & safely stored where it belongs: in the soil.
- Regenerating soils address current climate, food and water crises, while securing a prosperous and peaceful future for all generations.
Join us in a global send-off for Daniela, at the Kansas Soil for Climate Celebration, 7-9 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 1, at Ecumenical Campus Ministries, 1204 Oread Ave., Lawrence, Kansas. We will:
- Sign the #SoilManifesto to send to Paris with Daniela Howell, CEO of the Savory Institute, a Virgin Earth Challenge prize finalist
- Learn about the Tallgrass Network, a new Kansas Hub in the Savory global initiative to restore the worlds’ grasslands
- Meet farmers and ranchers who are utilizing Holistic Management, a proven solution for sequestering carbon in our soils
- View a short film and discuss the role of regenerative agriculture in healing the world’s soils and souls
- Enjoy local meats, appetizers and beverages!