Land Transition Support
There are three basic routes for Land Transition to a regenerative paradigm with the Tallgrass Network:
DO-IT-YOURSELF ... together
Motivated landowners, near or far, can embark on the journey through self study, workshops, learning circles, networking opportunities, and more. We also offer coaching and consulting for one-on-one support. At any time, you may apply to become a Learning Site with the Tallgrass Network, and commit to your transition to regenerative agriculture through the application of Holistic Management. Welcome!
ENTER A LAND LEASE – management agreement
For landowners who may live far away, feel ready to retire, or would simply like to reduce their burdens, entering a Tallgrass Network land lease agreement may be an option. We pursue traditional leases and "value-added" leases with potential for more landowner engagement – and reward – along the way.
PROCEED TO A LAND MATCH PROGRAM
In response to interest by landowners who wish to see their property pass to new stewardship while assisting promising young managers – and from new farmers and ranchers who are seeking land with friendly owners to help them get started –we are pioneering a "Land Match" program.
How to Get Started
1. BEGIN YOUR OWN COURSE OF SELF-STUDY:
- Enroll in an introductory course or full workshop to get started with day-to-day management of your resources.
- Complete the Savory Champions on-line curriculum: required of any land program partner or accredited professional, a great place to start.
- See the Savory Institute website to order the newest edition of Holistic Management by Allan Savory and other self-study materials.
2. ADD SUPPORT SERVICES TO THE MIX:
- If you have resources and enjoy one-on-one support, choose a coaching or consulting level that will work for you. Start small with a quarterly check-in subscription, or go all-in with a full transition package.
- As you go, you can always add coaching or consulting assistance, or even contact us for help with day-to-day labor and on-farm services needed. We will do our best to connect you.
- If you are more cautious or are limited in resources, take advantage of free and low-cost support networks, such as our "First Saturdays" events and our Learning Circles.
3. PLAN TO ADD MANAGEMENT AND MARKETING TOOLS AS YOU GROW:
- Subscribe to the Savory Land Management Platform for online record-keeping, sharing and preparation for future participation in the Land to Market program.
- Watch for rollout of the Land to Market program, which will allow to enjoy future marketing premiums and connect with global buyers. This program is in testing with select Hubs and will come to the Tallgrass Network in 2018.
- Join the Tallgrass Network local marketing program and partner to put your products in front of area customers and purchasers. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in marketing together.
4. TRANSITION STEWARDSHIP TO FUTURE GENERATIONS:
Create your own transition strategy through your journey and management planning.
Consider Tallgrass Network contractual Land Lease management. We pursue traditional leases and "value-added" leases with potential for more landowner engagement – and reward – along the way.
Enroll in our pioneering "Land Match" program.
Also use the form below to become a Learning Site for the Tallgrass Network. We hope you will join us!